If your chapter has not submitted induction paperwork or an Annual Chapter Report in the last two years, your chapter is considered “inactive.” To reactivate your chapter, follow the steps below.
Congratulations, your chapter is now considered active!
The four officer positions needed in order to reactivate your Chapter are:
- vice president
- corresponding secretary
Additional leadership positions can be created. Visit the Chapter Leadership page for more information on officer positions.
The IEEE designated fields of interest are as follows:
- Computer Sciences and Information Technology
- Physical Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences
- Technical Communications
- Management, and Law and Policy
Update your Chapter Operations Manual or rewrite it if it has been misplaced during inactivity. Use the Chapter Operations Manual template (DOC, 68 KB) to assist. Send IEEE-HKN Headquarters (email@example.com) a copy to keep on file.
Visit the Chapter Operations page to address the following tasks:
- Submit the student inductee documentation form and payment to Headquarters for your inductees
- Report the election of new officers after each election
- Submit Activity Reports at least 14 days after each meeting, activity, or event held by the Chapter
- Submit the Annual Chapter Report by 30 June of each year
Maintaining active status
To maintain active status, a Chapter must:
- Report an Induction (At least one per academic year)
- Hold officer elections and submit the Officer Report (At least one per academic year)
- Submit an Annual Report at the end of each academic year