IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu hosts premier conferences, events and programs and confers competitive awards that ignite the spirit of learning, comradery and excellence.
There are programs for members at every stage of their career and opportunities for industry and academia to build partnerships with our exceptional community:
- Nominate colleagues for IEEE-HKN’s Awards program–get them the recognition they deserve!
- Attend our conferences and events–Network with members across the world and develop yourself both professionally and technically
- Recruit top talent for your organization
- Attend Grad Lab and learn the tools to succeed in graduate school
- Listen to The HKN Connection to learn about everything HKN
- Boost your career with advice from our Career Conversations podcast
- Celebrate HKN’s history with your chapter during Founders Day and raise awareness of the value that an IEEE-HKN Chapter brings to a University
IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu has numerous award and recognition programs. These awards recognize outstanding accomplishments by Chapters, students, professors, and industry professionals who exemplify a balance of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. Nominate a colleague for a professional award or learn how you and your Chapter can be recognized.
HKN is a service-oriented organization and relies on the talent and service of dedicated volunteers. Join us in mentoring our students, visiting your chapter, amplifying our message, or serving on a committee.
By working with IEEE-HKN, your company or university will reach a select group of high-achieving, service-oriented students from 268 university Chapters around the world. These future leaders are actively involved in our conferences, events, and workshops, giving you the opportunity to recruit, educate, and engage the best and the brightest. Don’t miss your chance to reach this exceptional group of engineers and technical professionals.
"HKN has been wonderful for our department. The student chapter is extraordinarily active, hosting events like a student and company career fair banquet, service work at local senior homes, electronics tutorials for undergraduates, a student laboratory ‘makerspace,’ and much more."- Dr. Daryl BeetnerGamma Theta Chapter,Missouri S&T 2003 IEEE-HKN C. Holmes MacDonald Outstanding Young Electrical Engineering Professor Awardee
"Engage with IEEE-HKN if you are looking for recent, high-potential Engineering and Technical talent or HKN alums."- Joseph SlevinTalent Acquisition Advisor, Southern California Edison
"HKN had me take a pivot from thinking about getting the next big project or working on the latest and greatest thing; it gave me the opportunity to start thinking about and developing the next wave of Electrical Engineers, starting as early as grade school."- Dr. Marcus HuggansExecutive Director of Client Relations at the National GEM Consortium