Proposals are being accepted from IEEE-HKN Student Chapters to host the Fall 2019 IEEE-HKN Student Leadership Conference (SLC). The SLC is a get-together of chapter leadership, faculty advisors, and industry where attendees have opportunities to discuss common experiences, learn about opportunities to improve their chapters and their member’s experiences, and network with people who will become their professional peer group for life.
The 2019 SLC will significantly expand its offerings to attendees. The conference will have multiple, parallel tracks covering such topics as:
- Guidance on developing the most effective chapter operating practices
- Guidance on transitioning from life as a student to life in industry or academia
- Guidance on developing life management skills such as 401K management, budgeting, planning for that eventual retirement, and health care options
- Guidance on improving effectivity in your professional life by stressing the importance of oral and written communication skills, working as a team member, working with your supervisor, stress management, and the importance of networking
Representatives from IEEE-HKN national leadership, industry, and IEEE Technical Activities and Member Activities will be there to make the 2019 a valuable part of your student experience and your transition to the professional community.
The specific dates for the conference and proposal submission are:
- Announcement: Wednesday, August 29, 2018
- Info session for interested HKN Student Chapters: Wednesday, September 5, 2018, 8:00pm EDT, https://ieee.webex.com/ieee/j.php?MTID=me4429a3ab6985c9b4939a5134ef66015
- Deadline for submissions: Monday, October 15, 2018, 8:00 pm EDT
- Notification of selection: Thursday, November 1, 2018, 8:00 pm EDT
- HKN Student Leadership Conference 2019: October, 2019
The conference proposal is a single PDF file with specific paragraph prompts and tables – see below for an MS Word template. We also have a document available to help you with planning the conference. These resources can be found here:
- MS Word Template for the proposal. We will discuss this in our September WebEx.
- Conference Guide to help with the proposal and planning (available here after September WebEx)
- Submit your proposal PDF and contact information to this site. Click the Upload your Application tab at the top of this page to access the submission form.
For more information about how to develop a proposal, contact Jim Conrad at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1-704-687-8597