(Select Chapters or Alumni Above)
In a shady spot under a large cottonwood, on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, our founders saw the need for an honor society – one that by invitation would recognize scholarship, character, and attitude. The vision of these inspired young men was to promote the highest ideals of the engineering profession and form an organization where professionals and students help each other.
Founders Day is a way for us to share the Eta Kappa Nu story, raise awareness of the value that an IEEE-HKN Chapter brings to a University, show the many ways a chapter serves fellow students and the community, and encourage industry to support us. Today’s IEEE-HKN students are the leaders of tomorrow. Let’s celebrate who we are and what HKN represents.
“We Are in This Together”
Chapter Video Competition
IEEE-HKN’s newest video competition is “We Are in This Together.” We want to see how and what you have done to work, to mentor, to teach or to socialize together (even if it was virtually) during COVID-19. Be creative. Have fun. Most importantly, post it to your social media channels with #HKNTogether so the entire HKN community can celebrate your strength and creativity.
This is a Chapter Video submission contest: Each chapter is eligible to enter ONE video. Please read the rules carefully before entering.
Participating Chapters get a US$100 for HKN store credit. The winning video, chosen by IEEE-HKN members worldwide via a poll on HKN’s social media channels, will receive an additional US$100 HKN store credit. A montage of all video submissions will be played during the IEEE-HKN Awards and Recognition Ceremony to be held on 7 November at the close of the 2020 IEEE-HKN Experience.
- The theme of the video should be “We Are in This Together.” Be creative: Show us how and what you have done to work, to mentor, to teach or to socialize together (even if it was virtually) during COVID-19.
- Somewhere in the video, the words “We Are in This Together” must be said, shown on a banner or displayed in another creative way.
- You must have the consent of all people appearing in the video so that it can be shared via social media, during the 2020 IEEE-HKN Experience and in other ways.
- Video should be 1 to 3 minutes in length.
- Post the video on your Chapter’s social media channels with #HKNTogether and tag IEEE-HKN.
- Submit an MP4 with your Chapter Activity Report by 12:00 p.m. (EDT) on 15 October to be eligible for competition prizing. Late video submissions will not be accepted.
List of Free Video Editing software:
Founders’ Day Pictures
Here are some ways you can spread the word about Eta Kappa Nu on social media on 28 OCTOBER 2020. Pictures submitted on social media will be picked at random to be displayed on our website.
- Use our custom-made HKN Snapchat filter!
- You can print out our celebratory template to hold up for pictures.
- Use #IAmHKN #FoundersDay for us to find on social media. Don’t forget to tag us! We would love to share it.
Remember to submit your Chapter Activity Report. Whether you send in a video, post on social media or host another Founders Day event, capture the details on the form and submit it within two weeks of the event.